LIFE HAPPENS

So a friend of mine over at Our Messy Adventure inspired me to start this blogging thing again. But lets be honest, I wouldn't say that I was blogging as I let it fade with only a few posts lol. but hey, life happens.

A lot has happened since I kind of abandoned this poor blog. Let play some catch up...
Last thing I posted on here was the nursery we had put together for the arrival of our son, due 11|1|2016....but he decided to make his appearance 11|4|2016, yay! 

Oliver
weighed 9 pounds, 8 ounces | 21 inches long | arriving at 9:41pm


Everything we had planned for his birth, had crumbled. Thankfully I had a good support team and my fiance was amazing. After 12 hours of laboring and my epidural only working on the right side of my body, (that was a blast!) finally, after his heart rate dropped and I developed a fever, I had an emergency c-section and there he was! He spent most of his time in the NICU, due to having mild pneumothorax. That made breastfeeding a little more difficult but we got it down once we were home. I'm still shocked today of how calm I was about everything, considering nothing went to plan.



We ended up moving, to a small quiet town. We wanted to get away from the city and raise our son in a more relaxed environment. I kind of want to say that our binge watching of Fixer Upper kind of put that all in motion. We started looking for an older home that we could possibly fix up ourselves, but that was crazy of us to think we could do it with a new baby. I don't know what we were thinking. Thankfully, we found a lovely craftsman's style home that had already been redone. It needed some fresh paint but everything else was new. The house was built in the year 1900, yea, you read that correctly..1900! Anyways, I will be updating along the way with the house stuff as we change and fix up what we want. 

We also got engaged, it was the cutest thing ever. We went on a picnic where we had our first date and I was surprised by this little dude wearing this adorable onesie, of course I said yes.



Life with Oliver has been more than I could have ever imagined. He's so much like his father and yet he got his stubborn and crankiness from me. We're kind of obsessed with him :)





Oliver just turned 8 months on the 4th of July, it's going by way too fast! It's true what all those strangers have told us, everywhere we go. It does go by fast!


Well since we've caught up a bit on the big things, I'll try to start blogging more often....lol







No comments :

Post a Comment