LITTLE LUXURIES

This year, I've kind of made the change to focus more on me. I know that may sound selfish, but I stay at home with two small children everyday all day. When my husband is home, it's a blessing but as a mother you're on the clock 24/7. I really think giving yourself time to unwind alone is VERY important for your mental health as a mother. So this year, I've told myself that I'm going to give myself more time to read, more time to enjoy the little things like soaking in the tub, having a hot cup of coffee in one sitting, and also catching up on A Million Little Things...I'm so far behind, it's bad.

A sweet neighbor of mine who has two small children herself, told me about the Coffee + Crumbs podcast. I am hooked! I'm playing catch up on it still but in the meantime, I purchased their book, The Magic of Motherhood. I just finished it this week and I recommend this book for every mom and every soon to be moms. It made me laugh, made me cry, made me rethink the way I do little things with the kids, and be more in the moment with them, and that these hard seasons do pass and one day I'll be sad there over.  On the podcast in the first season, they were talking about little luxuries that they do for themselves, which seemed like perfect timing for me. I forgot which mama it was on there ( maybe Ashley Gadd), but she said she buys herself flowers every Sunday and I just thought that was such a good idea, it's cheap and keeps your house more cheerful, even on those crazy stormy days with the kids. Since then, I've been buying myself flowers weekly and I don't think I've ever go back!

Anyways, y'all should check out the book, their blog, and of course their podcast! I mostly listen in the car or when doing house work, and its honestly like hanging out with your mama friends. 

For those of you who have read it or listen to the podcast, whats been you're favorite essay or favorite little luxury they talk about?

These are this weeks flowers, I picked them up along with iced coffee after a not so great Target trip with the kids this week, mama deserved this!





6 comments :

  1. That sounds like a really good podcast, I will take a look. Us mums often neglect our own well-being to take care of everyone else. I often treat myself to a lovely bunch of flowers or a good book. #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's important to take care of yourself too, and it is super easy to forget. Thanks for checking my little blog out :)

      Delete
  2. I'm sure that is good for mothers and a cute picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab sounding podcast! I do try to take more time out for myself. Working from home and home-schooling can be hard work!
    Thanks for sharing with #MMBC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a wonderful podcast. Thank you for sharing at Fiesta Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete